Monday, July 12, 2010

[Diana Panton - "If the Moon Turns Green . . ."]

"Hannah and I have to go to church and let this church group in at ten. They're from .... from .... what's that .... big .... place called? . . . . . . . . San Antonio!"

^^ Sarah's conversation on the phone with Collette as I'm typing. I laughed really hard at her because she sounded dumb, but it's also a pretty good description of our lives. Church, church groups, and having random tasks to do for them at exceptionally random times. Flexibility is the keyword of summer.

Latest update on my flexible summer schedule: According to all original plans, I'm supposed to be on a beach somewhere in Texas right now at YCM's Fun in the Son conference. (Clever title, no?) However! Because we had such a large group in Jamaica, none of the kid's parents wanted to fork out another $500 bucks on another youth trip so soon. (Understandably.) So only two girls signed up. AND plans were rearranged and Hannah is not going. Hence me being online updating my blog.

Probably one of the best turn of events this whole summer.

I'm tired of running around and around and going out of town all the time. Yes, I know that's shocking to people who know me really well and how NOT a home-body I can tend to be, but I'm not a total travel junkie, either, I'm beginning to realize. I was subconsciously dreading having to pack and leave for yet another wonderful-yet-emotionally-draining trip. (Actually the dread was totally conscious I just didn't tell anyone other than myself.) Especially since when I got back from Fun in the Son, I had less than twenty-four hours in Baton Rouge during which I would sleep, repack, teach Sunday School, and then hop on another bus for yet another youth trip. The prospect was daunting to me.

Instead I have a week to recoup, do things that have been neglected because I've been so on the go (like write LETTERS), etc. I am very much relieved and looking forward to more of a down week to process summer and the coming end of it.

Things I shall be thinking about/doing/having fun with this week:

-Barnes and Noble. Sarah's and my favorite place to escape. White mocha, poetry, journal, novel -- presto, a good day.

-Have you ever tried on various personalities? You know, to see which ones fit? Well, I am fascinated by the concept of personalities and I don't really understand the Myers-Briggs thing all that well. SO, I try those on. This week it's INFJ. It's interesting but I don't know . . . .

-Letters.

-A specific crafty project I have under construction. I am hitting some hideously jolting roadbumps as crafty projects DO NOT come naturally to me. But I feel very much like the mom in Elizabethtown, staring down her car's engine, declaring, "You will not defeat me."

-Hanging out with Collette and Sarah, of course. Doing ridiculous things that seem totally normal at the time.

-I'm pretty sure some of the girls in youth group want to have a movie marathon sleepover. After a pool party. Oh yeah.

I miss Covenant.

1 comment:

  1. INFJ? Hmmm... not so much my friend.

    However, I could see you as more of an extraverted introvert. We should talk about personalities sometime :)

    ReplyDelete