Friday, March 12, 2010

Je vais en France!!!

#1 - I am done with Oxford tutorials FOREVER. Right now, all I feel is relief. Soon it will feel much more bittersweet that such a challenging, fascinating, miserable, exciting, unique, difficult, INCREDIBLE period of my life is over. But right now -- oh, right now I just want to sleep for four days and NEVER write another paper ever again ever.

I survived Hilary Term in Oxford.

I feel like I should get a T-shirt.


#2 - I AM GOING TO FRANCE!!! (In case you didn't get the translation of the title.) Tomorrow morning at 6:30 I'll begin my trek to the coach station to meet Hunt and then we'll be off to the airport and then to MARSEILLES!! Lara Berger is meeting us there and she's going to show us around and then it's off to Aix (or Aix-en-Provence) to chill with Lara, Pillsbury, Elea, and Will for a coupla days. I feel like I'm going to want to sleep a lot. But something ELSE I'm going to do is put my foot in the Mediterranean. Awwwwwyeah!!

----------------------

"'God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.' Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:6-7)

In our small group at church this week, we talked about Philippians 4 and anxiety. It was so ridiculously appropriate for 8th week frenzy. Imagine exams week pressure only with papers instead of tests and in Oxford with Oxford professors and you will maybe have some conception of how overwrought we've all been this week. I can't even believe it's over, but God has been utterly faithful, as usual.

That verse up there is beauty. "Humble yourselves." Boy, that's a tough word in a place like this. But forget it: be humble, don't worry, He loves you. Wow.



"Watching the River Run" - Loggins & Messina -- Just listen to it. Your soul will thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment