Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Today.

I taught myself to play "Leaving On a Jet Plane" on the guitar. I thought it might be a good luck charm.

Nick transposed "Leaving On a Jet Plane" into a key I could actually sing it in. I taught myself that version (and learned a new chord!).

Emily, Nick, Daniel, and I climbed the tower of the St. Mary's and saw the dreaming spires from their own level.

Emily, Nick, Daniel, and I went to Merton again: the college where I had my Shakespeare tutorial and also the place where people like T. S. Eliot and J. R. R. Tolkien went and worked when they were here. Oh, also: second-oldest college in all of Oxford. No big deal. ;-)

Nick, Daniel, and I went shopping for food and clothes. I am proud to say that with our help, the not-a-natural-shopper Nick ended up with a great new pair of jeans. And I have food.

Now I am making cookies, listening to my "For Fun" playlist (which is currently on Elton John), and enjoying the late-afternoon sunlight filtering through the windows.

2 comments:

  1. There may be some downsides to you being stuck in Oxford, but on up is that you have blogged almost every day. Its nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hannah, This is Emily's mom! Thank you so much for all your encouragement for Emily! It meant so much to her and to me! She treasures your friendship. Blessings, Lisa Muilenburg

    ReplyDelete