Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"We haven't located us yet."

[Music: Nick playing "Running to Stand Still" on the guitar -- he just taught me how to play it!!]

So the quote is from Darjeeling Limited, one of my favourite movies EVER!! Haha, it's also about stranded people. :) ("How can a train be lost? It's on rails.")

Still in the "wait and see" kind of phase right now. Apparently the volcano started erupting again and my flight for tomorrow was cancelled again. Now I'm supposedly flying out Monday. (MONDAY!) But a few people in the house still have flights scheduled for tomorrow so we're all crossing our fingers that they'll make it.

Today was another "one of the best days ever" in Oxford. We started off with coffee, porridge, and Mario Kart, during which I got REALLY MAD at Shane and Nick who were antagonizing me because I'm not very good (but I ALMOST BEAT NICK ONCE......sort of). Then we ate lunch and then we went out to the University Parks and played a really weird version of Ultimate Frisbee which involved Emily and me playing against Shane and Nick but really just jumping on them and trying to beat them up/get the frisbee from them. It was SOOOO cathartic.

Then we made a big ol' macaroni casserole for the whole house (I guess there's about sixteen of us left) and now we're about to head off to the Vines for some homemade chai tea and Heavyweights.

That's the wonderful news: underneath this, not everyone is adapting quite as well to the waiting game and it's definitely been an emotional up-and-down for a couple people. We just got news that Jen, who took a bus to Heathrow earlier today, had her flight cancelled and is coming back. She's gonna get some major TLC tonight.

"Has anyone said yet that this is a pain in the ash?" -Carl

No comments:

Post a Comment