Thursday, April 1, 2010

THE ZOMBIES ARE TAKING OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so not exactly zombies, but something just as dreadful if you ask me: NOROVIRUS.

[cue blood-curdling scream]

It's kind of like the stomach flue only ten times scarier. Apparently it's one of the most contagious viruses in the UK because it spreads through touch -- entire schools have been closed down because of it and there's no way to avoid it. Once you have it, it lasts for up to 60 hours but once you're better, your immunity is gone within a few days. And we're pretty sure that's what Daniel has.

[another blood-curdling scream - just for effect]

Needless to say he's quarantined now (poor Daniel!) and the rest of of are living in terror and paranoia. (I mean, as much as we possibly can. You gotta milk this kind of thing for all it's worth.) Every hunger pang, twist of carsickness, or twitter of nerves could be the onset of "Noro." Kate and I have been making puking signs to each other ("April fools'!!!"). I've been pretty fatalistic about it ("Look, Laura, if I'm gonna throw up all night, I want this chocolate bar to be the last thing I ate"). BUT, so far no one else in Crick has gone down. WE ARE SPARTACUS. One girl from the Vines got it, I think.

It's like the Masque of the Red Death. Only no one has died yet. Minor difference. Maybe like the bubonic plague or something. Only not fatal. Whatever.

Pray for the health of your children in England. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh, Hannah!!!! Ugh!!!! How frightening! (Warning: graphic material ahead) You guys need to get a batch of Phenergan suppositories!!! They stop nausea (and put you to sleep). There is also a gel now, which sounds much more "user friendly." lol You have to have a prescription, though. :<

    ReplyDelete