Friday, May 14, 2010

Everyday Experiences

-I have drool on both shoulders and my clothes smell faintly like baby formula.

-The bartering system in our house had undergone a few subtle changes:

“Hey.”

“Hey.”

“Junior has a poopy diaper.”

“And?”

“Will you do it?”

“Is that a real question?”

“I’ll straighten the house before Mom gets home.”

“What about the dishes?”

“I’ll do those, too.”

“Deal.”

So I changed his diaper this morning.


-There are about four half-drunk Fresca cans spotted around our kitchen and living room. They are mine. I don’t know why but I can’t drink a whole can of soda. I’ve tried. I’ve tried asking you people to finish them for me. I know you don’t understand, but I JUST CAN’T, OKAY??!?


-Question: Is it "soda," "Coke," "soft drink," or "pop"? Or some other word I have yet to discover. Soda-pop?? That one's pretty fun.


-IT IS SO HOT OUTSIDE.

5 comments:

  1. HOLY CRAP I NEVER FINISH SOFT DRINKS EITHER (in cans) and I get really pissed when they're flat when I go back to them. It's so strange.

    And, it's soda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rashad's right. It's soda.

    Oh, and I totally quoted "You've Got Mail" on my blog for my internship. It made me miss you terribly.

    I could never be with someone who like Joni Mitchell. "It's clouds illusions I recall/I really don't know clouds at all." What does that mean? Is she a pilot? Is she taking flying lessons? It's probably a metaphor for something, but I don't know what.

    ReplyDelete
  3. darling, its COKE. you may as well embrace it as you are coming back to your roots in, oh, i dont know, a week :)

    my heart awaits you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA!!!

    That's all I have to say.

    Oh, and: I might miss changing poopie diapers now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so behind the times, will anyone read my post? I had no idea this slick bartering was going on while I was at work! :D

    Even though I had to succumb to "pop" while in Michigan, Collette is right, embrace "coke."

    ReplyDelete