Saturday, May 15, 2010

Summer Reading

There's a new "gadget" on the side of my blog, in place of my old To-Do list, titled "Summer Reading." Reading for fun is probably one of my most-anticipated parts of summertime. What with travel and youth ministry, I sometimes don't have as much time to do it as I dreamily imagine during the school year, but I still can get through a lot.

So I've listed some books I'm thinking about reading/rereading this summer, but I am also SUPER open to SUGGESTIONS!!!

WHAT SHOULD I READ??

6 comments:

  1. You're going to LOVE A Severe Mercy, especially after Oxford. You should read Tess of the D'Urbervilles if you haven't already. And Captain Corelli's Mandolin--just finished that and was blown away.

    Keep blogging, too, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently you should read the great gatsby. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohmygoodness HANNAH.

    1. I agree with Kate. YES. You will adore A Severe Mercy. A change-your-life book for me. We've gotta talk about this. Skype!?

    2. Communion with God: YES. Let me know if you want me to send you my copy (abridged, but very well-loved.:))!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just realized I said "YES" in call caps twice right there. Kind of silly. But I'm really excited about what you're reading. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ANNA!!! There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying "YES" a whole whole lot. In fact, people should do it more.

    Ooooooooh......it would be pretty AWESOME to have your copy of Communion with God. My dad has a copy, but I can't take it to Baton Rouge with me cuz he needs it. If you ever get around to it, SEND IT! But if you don't, I'll definitely figure something out. :) I know it's kind of hard to get packages sent (and expensive!).

    YES. SKYPE. Some time this week?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Han, I know your list is probably full, but I thought I'd officially put these in black and white so you can put them on your reading Bucket List.:) The Scent of Water by Elizabeth Goudge, Gold Cord by Amy Carmichael.

    ReplyDelete