Monday, January 11, 2010

As I hauled three heavy grocery bags the whole slushy, icy mile-and-a-half from Sainsbury's to Crick...

...I realized that I'm going to be in great shape by April.

Over the past couple days:

-Slush

-A late evening spell Saturday night in the "Rabbit Room" of the Eagle and Child ("bird and baby") where Lewis and his cronies used to hang. Yes, it is just exactly how you pictured it. And it is awesome.

-I searched the United States for MONTHS for brown boots and navy tights. Two days here and I have both. WOOH.

-(^That^ was my sordid materialistic bullet point for the week. Don't let me do another one or I'll hate myself.)

-Two new phrases: "Kick up a fuss" (as in, I will just literally kick up a fuss if you throw that muddy snowball at my face). And "cheers." (as in, Cheers!)

-Hutton, Alison, Amy, and I rearranged our room Sunday and it is SO MUCH BETTER. Forgot to take a "Before" picture and I have yet to take an "After" picture but, trust me, it's improving our psychological health already.

-Went to St. Ebbes's Sunday for the evening service and loved it. Ohhhhh, my. I can't wait to get plugged into a church group here. One guy asked me (after assuring me he was NOT trying to offend me) whether people from Texas actually wear cowboy hats. I was able to reassure him that the stereotype is accurate, alive, and real.

GAAHHH, WE HAVE TO START BEING RESPONSIBLE PEOPLE NOW!!!!!!! (And by "responsible people," I really just mean "students." Pass your own judgment.) Guys, we are literally FREAKING out. I'm scared out of my mind.

Prayer for: Academics, that stress would NOT rule my life and I wouldn't just freak out automatically. Relationships, that I would have the energy and love to keep developing these friendships that are just starting. God, that he would be first and more dear to me than ever before.

[Tomorrow morning's playlist by DJs Kate and Hannah: "Pet Sounds"]

5 comments:

  1. Pet sounds is an appropriate playlist for every day. Hold on to that piece of American culture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your title can be the first sentence of your book I just decided.

    I will seriously kick up a fuss if I don't see your face soon.

    (Dang. Looks like "Kick up a fuss" is now on my to-do list.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hannah, i really dont have anything entertaining to say...but i just spent the time making this account so i have to comment! how awesome is this whole thing?? it is my new obsession to keep up with. soon instead of asking whose seen the latest scrubs episode it will be whose seen hannahs latest post?!?! this sounds so amazing, keep writing!
    ps-congrats on your boots and tights :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. COLLETTE!!!! I'm so glad you're reading this thing!! That motivates me even more to remember interesting things and try to write them interestingly. :)

    ReplyDelete