Sunday, January 10, 2010

Hilary Term 2010: Starting now.

[Listening: Au Revoir Simone] <--(Sarah, I'm doing this mostly for you, so we can still share music even though we aren't making each other CDs. :))

Well, kids, the leisurely and profligate days are over. No more bumming around throwing snowballs and acting like tourists: tomorrow (well, today, since it's after midnight) Hilary Term 2010 officially kicks off for us. In the words of Kate (Harrison), "Guys, we have to start actually working tomorrow!" Because we're not shelling out scads of money so I can go window shopping.

So I am glad to start the academics and learn things, but a little anxious about how it'll all pan out. Plenty of late nights and early mornings and drinking too much tea, I'm sure. (Which - let's be honest - isn't exactly an astronomic change from Covenant.) I have a lot of expectations, apprehensions, and hopes about what these next four months will be like and what I will be like when it's all over. Who knows how many of them will ever see the sheer light of day? I really have little to no idea of what to expect from what's ahead. But I have the feeling that, if I can trust it to the right hands (you know whose those are), this is going to be an important four months for me.

I'm nervous and giddy and glad.

So let the sun shine. / So let the sun shine. / So let the sunshine, / let it come. / To show us that tomorrow is eventual. / We know it when the day is done.

1 comment:

  1. I just thought I'd pop in and say that I miss your right eyebrow. (It's the cocky one.) I miss it.

    Also, I think you're AMAZING and if you write blogs like this then papers aren't hard for you at all. Also, I have no idea what shelling out scads of money and window shopping have to do with late nights, Shakespeare, and too much tea.

    And also, por final: You. Are. My. BIGGEST. Fan.

    ReplyDelete