Sunday, February 7, 2010

People I Live With, Episode 2.

Crick House, Basement, Room #10: Emily Muilenburg, Genny Peterson, and Irene Messelt.

(Emily is the blonde and Irene is the brunette)

(Genny: there were pictures of her closer up and with people, but I really like this one)

They live next door to us and they are the ones that are awakened at mad hours of the night by our squealing and gibbering when we don't go to sleep when we should. (By "we" I mean Hutton, Alison, and I. See previous post. ;-))

Emily: Oh my gosh. Can I just say, instant soul mate? That's what she was from day one. She's one of those sweet, pensive, happy, easily touched, motherly types. She is an English Major, too, and is taking C.S. Lewis in Context as her primary tutorial (that's my secondary) so we get to read Narnia and other awesome fantasy novels together. She can generally be found curled up on the couch in the living room either sleeping or reading a fantastically interesting book. Or skyping her boyfriend, Cody, back in the states. She also spearheaded the reading-aloud of Harry Potter and keeps us on task.

Irene: She is one of the four people in the house from Biola University in California. She rivals me in loudness (but for some reason, I still get all the flack for it) and is always excited about something. She randomly decided to fly to Rome for a weekend to meet up with friends from Biola. It is a belief prevalent among the rest of us that she just went because her boyfriend was going to be there. (But who can blame her?) She wants to get TWO doctorates: one from seminary and one in psychology studies. I think she wants to be some kind of brilliant counselor.

Genny: This girl is super good at being invisible. I feel like I hardly see her. But it's only because she is an incredibly hard worker and is usually at a library somewhere working on papers. She says she's just a slow worker, but we all know she's just diligent. She kind of strikes me as a no-nonsense person, but she's still open to try any kind of silliness. Also, she has this way of asking you a question where her voice gets lower and more sincere and she leans forward and looks directly into your eyes. It makes you feel like you're the only person in the world that she wants to listen to. A good feeling.

Room 10, everyone. Stayed tuned for our next episode in which Mia, Angela, and SAM make an appearance!!

1 comment:

  1. Hannah, golly, I love these posts! Your descriptions of people are so GREAT, now I feel like I know them and I'm sort of kind of almost there TOO!!! (But not. Cuz I can't hug your neck. And I want to hug your neck.)

    I love you!!!

    P.S. Guess what? It's snowing here!! We're supposed to get 4-6 inches and school was cancelled for Friday!! I'm sooo excited!!! Just thought you should know, it's cold here too! Even though you didn't mention the cold here... I just know it IS cold in England.... yeah. Ok. Bye!! I love you! Ok bye!!

    ReplyDelete