Monday, February 8, 2010

WHO DAT?!!

We take a break from our regularly scheduled programming for an important celebration:

THE SAINTS WON THE SUPERBOWL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE CURSE IS BROKEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HELL IS FROZEN OVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't even begin to describe how ecstatic we all are, except to say -- if you haven't seen it yet, go find yourself a real live member of the Who Dat Nation and ask them how they feel about the Superbowl. It will be the epic reaction of the century.

I only wish I could have watched it with my family and SEEN Gran cry (and cried with her) and heard Grandad yell alternately in despair and exultation and then danced around the living room and screamed at the top of my lungs without being self-conscious, knowing that no one would hear me anyways because they're all screaming just as loud. I wish we could have gone parading down Royal Street (and Bourbon and Decatur and Canal) together.

BUT, it was still fairly awesome to watch it here in Oxford. And, in their absence, I screamed loudly enough for most of the family.

But mostly I'm still in shock. The Saints have sucked our whole lives (it feels like) and now suddenly: WE WON! WE WON! WE WON!!!!!!!!!!! Redemption, baby, redemption. It actually happened.

I love you, family -- post me some pictures of that hoppin' party I know you had.


^^An article I really liked -- this writer gets the spirit of it pretty well.

3 comments:

  1. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah HANNAH!!! can you believe it?!?!? i mean CAN! YOU! BELIVE IT!!!!!!!!
    youd better baby ;)

    i have to tell you that there were soooo many times during the game, while payton manning had all the time he needed and more to flick a pass a mile to an open reciever, that i thought of you screaming "KILL HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    ^always one of my favorite parts of football games with you :)
    im so glad you repped us all the way out in old england!!!!! you are the bomb baby!!!
    ps, have a new blog, so ch ch ch ch ch check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We wanted you to be there sooooooooo bad!!!!!!! (Not even "badLY." It was so bad that I didn't even have room for correct grammar. Which is saying a LOT for me. We wanted you there bad.)

    P.S. I miss you. Bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah, I LOVE that article!!! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete